Low Port Primary boasts a very active Parent Teacher Association (PTA). Our objectives are to;
- Promote close cooperation between parents/carers and teachers
- Create opportunities for social interaction between parents/carers, students and teachers
- To raise funds to support the school both educationally and socially
We have a core committee consisting of Chair, Vice-Chair, Secretary, Treasurer and two Low Port Teachers.
We also have other members – some meeting-attending and others online who help on a regular basis.
- Chair – Rebecca Holmes
- Vice Chair – Helen Wallace
- Treasurer – Kirsty Pllu
- Secretary – Lucy Wilson
- School Uniforms – Alice Buckley and Ruth Watson
- Teachers – Elizabeth Ramsay and Vanessa McGilliard
- Organisation of social events both free and paid
- Organisation of fundraising activities
We meet on a bi-monthly basis at the school and also communicate in between meetings via email and an online forum.
All parents are welcome at our meetings! It is a great way to get involved in the school and meet other like-minded parents/carers. We can always benefit from more help on the PTA, whether you can commit time on a regular basis, can help on an ad hoc basis, or can contribute virtually.
- The PTA is not a charity, therefore it is not eligible to claim gift aid
- However, because it isn’t a charity, there are no restrictions on what the money raised is spent on – can be social or educational
- Raised £11,500 for a new climbing frame
- Organises uniform orders to take advantage of bulk ordering prices
- Two children’s discos a year (November and June)
- Annual Ladies Sparkle Night – both a social and fundraising event
- Movie night/s for children, siblings and parents/carers
- Refreshments for parent/carer gatherings
- P7 end of year parties
- Contributes to Christmas pantomime
- Organises and pays for Low Port procession in Linlithgow Gala Day
- Contributions to book week
- Provided school banner
- Contributed to school flag and flagpole
- Paid for new Active Literacy resources
If you are interested in finding out more, please contact us on email@example.com.